Tuesday, January 6, 2009

STARTING OFF 2009



I know I am behind on blogging....it's been a busy 5 days. My parents left last Saturday to head back home. It was awesome to spend 2 weeks with them and for Nate to get to know them a little better. They spoiled us too...my dad always makes sure we are stocked up on an ample supply of toilet paper, meat and now pull-ups for Nate. When we were newlyweds in college, he would bring us a 10lb bag of rice...or maybe 20...I don't remember, it was huge! I just found out they would've been home by now but had to take refuge 10 miles outside of their town because of tornado watch! Crazy weather.

Nate definitely had withdrawls the last few days w/out MeMa and PePa. He was used to being catered to 24/7 and now it's back to reality. So we had a few tantrums to deal with but today he has been very good...back to the routine. We figured out his bedroom door wasn't latching so we fixed that and now he can't open it. However, last night, when he discovered this, he pushed his stepstool to the wall, turned on the light and cried until I came to put him back to bed. No bad dreams...he was just frustrated that he couldn't get out.

Sunday was our 19th anniversary!!! I've been married nearly 1/2 my life. haha. Don took me to McClintocks...same place as my 40th bday and it was very romantic....even though it was raining. We had dessert on the huge porch in front of a massive stone fireplace and listened to the rain beating down.

Yesterday we felt the need to get out of town and decided to take a spontaneous road trip to Phoenix. It's been pretty stressful the last few months and we need to refresh more. We had lunch at our favorite restaurant, Islands, at the Desert Ridge Mall. Why can't Tucson have a mall like this? It was awesome! They have these fountains that shoot up water from the ground and Nate had a blast playing in them. He was soaking wet and it wasn't very warm out so I found some clearanced clothes for him to change into. There was a HUGE double fireplace that you could warm up to (the mall is outside) with free WiFi and tons of shops and restaurants. It was very relaxing and I could seriously hang out there every day. On the way home, we checked out the Costco Home Store which is all furniture and home decor stuff..getting ideas and then swung by IKEA. That place always makes me dizzy b/c there's too much too see.

Now I am getting back into the swing of things and trying to detox from the overload of sugar over the holidays. Here's some recent photos for you.







3 comments:

Missie said...

Congratulations on 19 years! Wow- where has all that time gone?

Sarah said...

Nate's open mouth squeel look tells it all- he is having a ball! Congrats on 19 years- time flies by doesn't it?

RamblingMother said...

Hard to believe it is warm enough to get in the water. Too cute and glad you guys had a good time!