Saturday, January 10, 2009

CHILDHOOD INDULGENCE



When I was a kid, I LOVED to get milk chocolate gold coins for a treat. I would pretend I was a pirate who just found the treasure. I still love to get these coins and this year, Don filled my Christmas stocking with them! One year, my mom-in-law gave me a purse for my birthday and when I opened it, I found gold coins stuffed in every pocket and crevice of that purse. I turned the whole thing upside down and all these shiny gold chocolate coins poured out of it. I don't know why I love these so much. They're definitely not the tastiest chocolate but for some reason, I can never have enough of them.

What is your favorite childhood indulgence?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah, I can't figure out why I love them so much either! I am savoring the 3 mesh bags of coins I have left!

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

Haha! They wouldn't be the same without the mesh bags!

Sam- Hypnotoad said...

For me it was the pudding skins. Yes pudding skins that gooey, thick piece of pudding skin that would harden on the top of dishes of my mom's homemade pudding. I would fight for em', and save them in ziplock bags for school.