Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME

1. I love to climb trees and I've always wanted a treehouse. I'd decorate it so I could climb up there and relax with an iced mocha and a book.

2. I hate wearing shoes and will go barefoot even if it's snowing outside. I always kick my shoes off as soon as I get in the car.

3. I've worn glasses since I was 10 and used to HATE them.

4. I started playing violin when I was 8 and taught myself bass when I was 11.

5. I secretly always wanted to play the alto sax, stopped playing bass after high school and didn't pick it up again until almost 20 years later.

6. I used to go hunting and Don bought me a 20 gauge for my birthday one year. My co-workers called me "Rambette....mild mannered artist by day, hunter by night."

7. I only had 3 dates in high school: One I liked, one was a friend and one I didn't like. Never had a boyfriend and was never kissed until I met Don, 2 weeks after my high school graduation.

8. I admire people with confidence. People tell me I look confident but I'm not really.

9. When I got married, I told Don I never wanted children. But when we were newlyweds, I told a friend if I ever had children I hoped I would have a boy. I don't remember that conversation.

10. I always envisioned myself with a toddler, never a baby. We adopted Nate when he was 10 months old and that was almost too young for me.

11. I love making lists and have done that since I was 8 or 9.

12. For some reason, I taught myself to knit when I was 21 and love it.

13. I LOATHE speaking in public and I would much rather sing in front of thousands of people instead of 150 at our church.

14. I admire how my husband can listen to a conversation, cut through all the crap and get right down to the heart of it and what the real issue is. I don't know how in the world he does that.

15. My husband and I are a solid team when it comes to marriage and parenting.

16. I want people to like me and it bothers me when they don't.

17. I love trying different foods and crave ethnic food.

18. I get homesick for the ocean and try to live within driving distance of it.

19. I LOVE Disneyland and the first time I went, I was 19 months old. I've been there almost every year since then.

20. I am a horrible procrastinator

21. Don and I have our best conversations when we're driving or at restaurants.

22. I can't sit still and am constantly fidgeting.

23. High maintenance girls drive me nuts. Spare me the drama and get over it.

24. I am a sucker for souvenirs

25. I love to be outside..eat outside, exercise outside. If I sit indoors, I need to be near an open door or window.

No comments: