Monday, January 26, 2009

RETREAT AND REJUVENATE

I am looking out the window onto a cabin deck in northern AZ, watching the snow come down. After months of pressure and stress, we are taking a few days to refresh our mental state, rejuvenate and reflect. The 3 "R&R's". I know most of you in the cold country are probably chuckling to yourselves that we actually traveled to the cold country to escape. But it's nice to enjoy a fireplace and drink hot coffee to keep you warm, after wearing shorts and flip flops for a couple of weeks. 

My brain is pretty much mush and I'm glad to have a few days to do.....nothing. Well ok, maybe catch up on my knitting. haha. I can't sit still for too long. We are also visiting some friends from our church who recently moved up here and it will be nice to catch up with them as well. Pictures to come soon. Nate is too cute in his jester snow hat and oversized mittens!

Speaking of Nate, that reminds me.....HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!! We will be celebrating in our local festivities this Saturday and I'm very excited about it. 

1 comment:

Missie said...

Sitting by the fire watching the snow fall sounds wonderful! We've got ice (ugh). On the positive side though, it looks like school will be closed tomorrow. Enjoy, relax and have fun playing with Nate.