Wednesday, May 21, 2008

YEAAA!! SUN CAME OUT!

Oh man, I am soooo sore. It is quite a sight to see how I manage to get Nate & I and all our paraphanelia (sp?) out to the beach. After the 30 min. walk to get there, I put on the backpack, put Nate on my shoulders, grab the folded up stroller in one hand and whatever beach stuff wouldn't fit in the backpack in my other hand while managing to hold onto Nate's leg so he doesn't slide down my back. Then I lug all this down toward the water. Too bad I couldn't get someone to take my photo. I think I'm actually starting to tone up from this little "workout". haha.

Today was PERFECT! I'm not listening to the weather any more. It was supposed to be colder today but the sun was out ALL DAY and it was warm and breezy. I tried spraying the sunscreen on my back but apparently I missed a big chunk so there's this big light spot right below my neck and everything around it is red. I made sure Nate was covered in it. 
As soon as I sat Nate and all our stuff down at the beach, he started crying...very LOUDLY I might add. I think he had a flashback to yesterday. He was just totally inconsolable and I couldn't even move without him throwing himself on my leg and refusing to let go. And we weren't even that close to the water! Finally I had to put him in "quiet time" (which was not so quiet) so he could vent all his anxiety out and re-focus. After a few seconds I hugged him, told him he was going to play in the sand while I got everything set up. Then I made him shake his head "yes" for a "yes Momma". When he does that, I know he'll be compliant. He did and he was happy and enjoyed the rest of the day after that. 

Here's some more photos below. I just can't get enough of the beach!

BEACH BOY

CHEEEEESE!

WHAT BETTER PLACE TO HAVE A STARBUCKS?

WATCHING THE WAVES


FUNNY SIGNS BY THE PIER

WHAT A HAM!

EATING AWESOME MAHI TACOS!

MMMM! GUAVA/ PINA COLADA/ LIME SNOWCONE!

EVERYONE GOT THE "MEMO" - MEET AT THE BEACH!

2 comments:

Sam said...

D,

I love the Starbucks in the beach pic, that is great. I will share my Starbucks in Chicago photos next week. :-) Looks like fun at the beach...

Pat Ramos said...

Nate looks like he's finally enjoying the beach! Guess he has to if mom is going!haha...cute photo's and boy is everyone getting tanned!! Just like Grandpa here in Rome Ga.!!

MOM