Friday, May 16, 2008

NIGHT OF CHINESE CULTURE

We just got back from a benefit concert at the Tucson Chinese Cultural Center. They were raising money to help the earthquake victims in China and had performances from various local talent. We left before it was finished and they had already raised over $55,000!! Awesome! It was very cool to see the chinese dances, instruments and singers. Nate could've cared less about the singing. He got REALLY squirmy and we debated whether to leave since it was past his bedtime. But then they did a Taiji fan dance and he was absolutely mesmorized. They also did a Mongolian dance that was very interesting. I swear the dancers had to be double-jointed because their arm movements were like rubber. It was fascinating to watch. I would've posted photos but I went off and left the camera at home. In a way, I was hoping to meet or at least see some families who had adopted but I didn't really see many. It was mostly chinese people and I felt a bit nostalgic as though I were back in china again. What a great night!

No comments: