Wednesday, May 14, 2008

GREAT DAY FOR A HIKE

On Sunday I scoured my closet trying to find something to wear. It's not that I don't have enough clothes....it's that my clothes don't fit anymore!!!! UGH! All my pants are too tight and my skirts are too tight. What to do???!! Finally I yanked out an elastic waist skirt that I've had for a few years and managed to pull it on. How depressing. So this week I vowed to start exercising and eating less sugar!

I have a pair of new hiking shoes that need to be broken in, so I found a new trail that I haven't been on before and took Nate to go check it out. It was the perfect day. Yesterday a storm came through and cooled off the desert so there was a nice breeze blowing this morning. The trail was easy..nice and level which was great for me since I was toting a 26lb kid on my back. Nate enjoyed the walk but it must have been too relaxing because 30 minutes into the hike, he fell asleep! I considered going on but he kept lurching around in the backpack and smacking his head against mine. I thought for sure he'd wake up but he slept the whole way back! I looked like I was drunk because every time he'd lurch to one side it would throw me off balance. haha.

Here's some photos from this morning. I saw several cardinals, lizards and squirrels but no snakes (thank goodness) and no attacks from the killer bees! Yikes!!

BEAUTIFUL SCENERY IN THE TORTOLITA MOUNTAINS
(click on the images for a larger view)


POOR NATE ASLEEP IN THE BACKPACK!

I PUT MY CAMERA ON A ROCK FOR THESE SHOTS.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I am glad I am not the only one that is having clothing challenges! UGH! Our weather is still not where is should be for this time of year.

Pat Ramos said...

Makes me want to start hiking again but my heel on my left foot says NO! Ouch! Need more comfy shoes.

mom

Sam said...

Just wait until Nate can hike with you on the ground, he will be picking up every rock and stick he can find..

Alyssa loves to hike and explore the desert also.