Tuesday, May 20, 2008

THAT FIGURES

When we arrived, the front desk told us that Newport was having a heat wave (translation...weather in the 80's). Yea!! Perfect beach weather. This morning I got up all excited to spend the day at the beach. Don had already left for the conference and I got Nate ready to go to Cappy's for breakfast. As I stepped outside I was struck by a blast of chilly air and greeted by drizzling cloudy skies. Not worried yet....Cali usually has overcast skies in the early mornings. But after I got back to the hotel to check the weather, I was bummed! Drizzly today and in the 60's all week! Guess it will be a chilly beach week. I can't complain too much though. It's 107 back home. Ugh!!

I was surprised that our waitress at Cappy's remembered us, considering it had been 3 months since we'd been there. Mmmmmmm....did I mention that I love their breakfasts???

No comments: