Thursday, May 1, 2008

COMING SOON!


I've had several people ask and you know what they say..."ask and you will receive". I'm excited to let you know that I'm putting together a website to offer prints of my artwork for sale. The prints will be standard size...8"x10" & 11"x14", unmatted and unframed and you will be able to purchase them directly from the website via PayPal. It's easier for me to do it this way instead of going through ebay or Etsy.com and I have more control over how I set up my store.

All the prints will be offered until a manufacturer chooses to market them. Some of my art has already been picked up to be sold as prints so I can't list everything but there will be a good selection to choose from....everything from tropical to inspirational to baby and much more.

Some good news in the licensing world is that my latest butterfly art has been a hit with several great manufacturers! Yea!! I'm really excited about the products they are producing...garden flags, bath accessories, greeting cards. All of these won't be available until next year. That's hard to wait for and hard to get used to the idea that they work so far ahead, but that's the nature of the business.

So that's the latest. I will be busy getting the site ready and will let you know when it's up and running. What type of prints are you interested in? I'm continually creating new art so I'm always looking for ideas on subject matter. Do any of you get frustrated at the lack of art for children's rooms? I can't find anything unique...it's always the same images and colors. Leave a comment about your favorite art images.

4 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Hey Denise,

What about something multicultural? Like Children around the world? Kindof like your painting with the different faces? Or animals from the zoo-=like exotic-for children's art?

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

Great idea Wendi! The wheels are already spinning. Thanks!

Nicole said...

I am so excited! I am always looking for unique original gifts for my friends...like the plaque you gave us. Will your prints be available on those as well? I hung ours in the kitchen and I love it.

Amy said...

How exciting, Denise! Your work is awesome! For suggestions...what about some kind of artsy-symbolic mother/child relationship thing? Did that even make sense? We have this little sculpture that is 2 adults and 2 kids carved out of marble and I love it. No identifying features so it would work for anyone. I don't know...your previous post made me think of that though. Maybe one for adoptive families???