Tuesday, May 20, 2008

NOT SO BAD AFTER ALL

Well today turned out to be not so bad after all. The sun came out for about 2 hours. haha. It was kind of chilly in the morning but that didn't stop a bunch of people, including Nate and I, from having fun on the beach. He LOVED the sand! I dug a small hole and he just sat in it and had a great time. Then, I thought it would be fun for him to "sail" his sailboat in the water. Yeeeaaahhh....that didn't go over too well. He ran down to the water with his boat but when he saw the waves coming in, he got scared..lost his footing and fell down right when the water rushed up to the shore. Our normally fearless little boy...who doesn't think twice about climbing up a ladder, onto a table or on top of the sofa, was totally freaked out. He screamed and would not go near the water without being glued to my leg. The poor kid was literally shaking. I've never seen him shake from fear before. It was so pitiful! 

I don't think I've walked so much since China. It was about a 30 min. walk pushing a stroller, from our hotel to Newport Pier, where all the funky shops and restaurants are. Then I walked all up and down the bike path, played on the beach with Nate and walked some more. It's probably a good thing because I had to work off the doughnut, pizza and ice cream cone that I ate. haha! It was a fun day but now I'm sore & exhausted. Here's some photos from today.

LOVE DIGGIN' IN THE SAND


THIS WAS FUN UNTIL HE LAUGHED AND THE SAND FELL IN HIS MOUTH!

HAVING FUN

MAKING SANDCASTLES

GOING TO SAIL THE BOAT

I DON'T LIKE THIS AFTER ALL!

WON'T LET GO OF MOM'S LEG

I'M SCARED, MOM!

NOT QUITE HAPPY YET

GETTING BRAVER...HE LET GO OF MOM'S LEG!

REALLY BRAVE NOW!

MAYBE THIS ISN'T SO BAD...BUT STAY CLOSE, MOM!

WHAT DO YA MEAN..NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY??!

BRRRR!!

CHILLIN' AFTER HIS NAP

2 comments:

junglemama said...

What a cute little guy. I bet he loved the sand between his toes and fingers. We are in the middle of adopting a little boy and I can't wait to take him to the beach.

Pat Ramos said...

He's so cute and having fun too! Hope it warms up for you.