Sunday, May 11, 2008

AND THE DAY CONTINUES...





My first Mother's Day was a blast! Nate came running up to me this morning with my card. It's one of those music cards and he got a kick out of the song. How do you like his hair? haha! He just got done with a bath and it was still plastered to his face. Don gave me the perfect card...one of those that says everything you want it to say. He also got me a shirt with ladybugs on it! Ladybugs are special to those in the adoption community because they say that right before your referral, you'll see the lucky ladybugs. We saw several less than a month before ours came and never saw any after that.

Later in the day, we went to lunch with several friends and later that night we went to one of our favorite places..Frost, for gelato. YUM!! Don had his fav..Rum Raisin (bleh!) and I had Chocolate and Coconut. Man, it was sooooooooo good! Nate got a kick out of dipping his cheerios in our gelato (he's going through a phase where he likes to dip everything). I let him do it until he tried to take my gelato away and that was a big NO NO!! Sorry kid..you don't mess with mom's food. haha!

I got a special gift from my secret sister..more chocolate, a candle and a little oriental fan. A friend who plays percussion on our praise team gave me some chocolate covered strawberries! WOW! I definitely got my chocolate fix today.

To top it off, Nate was in a good mood and that always makes mom smile. :-D

Psalm 113:9
"He gives the childless woman a family,making her a happy mother. Praise the Lord!"

No comments: