Thursday, May 22, 2008

DAY 3 IN NEWPORT

Nate woke up in a great mood this morning and he's been happy all day. Don't ask me why. He will only take 1/2 his naptime since we've been here and we've been going..going..going every day. 

There are some interesting people in Newport and age is no exception. We were eating breakfast at Cappy's this morning and I saw an elderly lady with a bowl haircut like Moe in The 3 Stooges. It was dyed platinum blonde and her shorter hair underneath was dyed black. Then I saw another lady in her late 50's - early 60's with long straight platinum blonde hair, gianormous white sunglasses and tatoos up the wazoo. I don't know how many tough looking guys I saw walking chihuahuas or cockapoos wearing little bling collars. It was pretty amusing to see.

Nate did AWESOME at the beach today. We played in the sand for a long time and then he got bored and decided to "dance" in the sand. So I got up and danced with him. Then I picked him up and decided to give the water one more "go". To my surprise he wanted down and started dancing in the water when it rushed up around his feet! Then when the water rushed back into the ocean, he started running toward it and dragging me with him, squealing the whole time. We played in the water for quite awhile until a big wave came up above his waist and then he decided that was enough. I was so impressed though and glad he ended up enjoying the ocean.

Along the bike path you see people riding bikes, walking, riding skateboards....and today I saw a couple of guys rollerskating, but not exactly. It was really interesting watching them skate since it was like 1/2 a roller skate but in the middle of their shoes!

Tonight we had dinner at my art agent's house, Karen. Yum!! Love that pesto pasta! I also picked up some samples of my work and we talked about several other clients who have just picked up my art or are considering it! Nate did great with her family. He laughed, played with their kids and let them hold him. I was amazed at how at ease he felt with them considering they were strangers to him. We've been prepping him before we do things, telling him who we're going to meet and what to expect and it seems to be helping.

Here's some more photos. Don had an incredible time at the conference. It was very encouraging and eye-opening for him. He said there may have been around 2,000 pastors there from all over the world! Friday we head home but I'm hoping for one more stop at the beach!

HE'S EVEN GOT SAND IN HIS RUNNY NOSE!

"VISITORS" ON THE BEACH

MY ATTEMPT AT A QUICK PHOTO

HE ATE THE WHOLE "DOG"!