Friday, March 7, 2008


I've had to put Nate's white sweater on hold. We have a baby shower next Sunday so I'm furiously knitting something special for the new mom, Ashley. Sorry, can't say what it is or post photos yet in case she and her mom are reading my blog. Ashley and her hubby are missionaries over in Africa. Her husband has been serving over there for 10 years and has encountered many adventures..some scary...in his dedication to bringing Christ overseas through Frontline Fellowship. They are a special couple with a courageous heart for God and it's exciting that they will have been married a year and expecting their first child soon.

Before we went to CA, I finished knitting up the sweater that Nate's wearing. It's another Debbie Bliss pattern and was very quick to knit up. Like I said, I like fast results! He's almost outgrown it though. I should've made the length and sleeves longer because the pattern is for 12 months and he's wearing 18 months. However, I just found out my brother and his wife are expecting their 3rd boy this summer so maybe I'll hand it down to him.

Well, I'm beat so it's off to bed. Good nite everyone!

2 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I can't believe you made that sweater! You are so talented-it is so cute! He looks like he is doing very well! Have a good weekend! :)

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Look at that precious little face of his!! He is so adorable! I am so impressed by your knitting! This sweater is so cute! Can't wait to see the gift you made too. :)