Saturday, March 22, 2008

HIPPITY HOPPITY



ME..AGE 2-1/2 ON EASTER 1971


When we were kids, my parents assembled some pretty cool Easter baskets for us. They always had the Easter eggs we decorated the night before, big chocolate bunnies, Peeps, jelly beans and other cool candies. Then mom would wrap the baskets in colored cellophane and they would hide them for us to find the next morning. My favorite part of Easter was discovering the hidden goodies in my basket, dressing up for church that morning and hunting for eggs at grandma's.

I was debating what kind of basket to get Nate this year. We don't allow him to have sweets yet so I can't do those fun and fancy baskets like my parent's made. However, I finally found the perfect solution. I ran across this stuffed airplane basket at Target. You push the red button and the propeller whirls around and it makes a sound like an airplane taking off. Totally cool! Then I got a couple little books, bubbles and a toy car for him to play with. We also have the Veggie Tales Easter dvd that will be fun for Nate to watch.

NATE'S EASTER BASKET


I had to stop at the grocery store today and Nate saw the Easter Bunny for the first time. Actually, it was his first character costumed person he's seen. Aaaaand.....he did not want anything to do with him! The bunny even tried to give him candy but Nate just turned his back on him and leaned as far to the other side of the cart as he could. I guess he's going to be like his momma. I didn't like costumed characters either!

I'm dyeing the eggs as I write. They have this funky neon food coloring so I decided to give that a shot. Last year, I tried one of those Paas packets and hated it. It was the marbled egg dye and was so messy and gooey. I like the traditional way of doing it with vinegar and food coloring. In a little bit, I'll start making the Easter cookies. Got the dough all ready to go. Yea!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Thats a fantastic basket!! And i love the shot of 2 yr old you!!! So sweet! Special Easter for you all!! Hope its wonderful!!!!

RamblingMother said...

You were a cutie!! Love Nate's basket. Cute Easter Collage too. Love your shoes.

Beverly