Wednesday, March 12, 2008

EXCITING STUFF

We have a busy couple of weeks coming up. On Sunday afternoon, we're finishing up the Behind Closed Doors-Sex series with a special event. Since we were unexpectedly out of town for the last message, we've had many people urging us to finish out the series with the highly anticipated Q & A. Since we had to continue moving on with the next series, we decided to make it a one hour special event this Sunday afternoon that more people could invite their friends to. We are amazed at the response from people who cannot wait for the event. We've had nearly 50 questions about sex, emailed to Don and we are going to try and answer as many as possible based on what God has to say about what he intended sex to be for a man and woman. We're having movie, fun time for the kids so the parents can attend together. We're also having a couple speak, who used to be very active in the homosexual lifestyle, chose to leave it, got married and now have a toddler. They have a strong desire to start an HIV ministry and are working to get that going. I'm excited and nervous and just pray that God will give us the wisdom and discernment to do this. Please also pray for strength for this couple to speak about their homosexual past. It is a huge leap of faith for them to reveal their past in front of everyone and talk about forgiveness, awareness, and God's grace. We will be posting the Q&A on our church website if you want to listen to it.

Of course after that is gearing up for Easter services. I will be busy playing my bass for the next 2 Sundays, which is a privilege because I love doing it. Now that we will be going to 2 services, I have lost one of my Kids Rock teachers and need to find a replacement. In the meantime, I will have to teach for a month at a time, giving up my bass for a service, to cover the slot. The Kids Rock (ages 5-10) worship is fun and the lessons are so easy. We use Saddleback Community church's curriculum that is super easy for volunteers to do, keeps the kids interested and learning about living God's life. Saddleback is where pastor Rick Warren leads (author of the "The Purpose Driven Life").

Well, I better get going. I've been slacking off on my art and need to get busy again. I think I'm getting Spring Fever.

2 comments:

RamblingMother said...

I will pray for your weekend. Hoping there is no backlash for against the couple.

beverly

Sharon said...

That is so fantastic! I mean all that is going on at your church!! I will pray and i am excited that all that is going on.

You be gentle with yourself about all your duties, missy! You are a new mother after all!!!