Friday, March 21, 2008

CAN YOU SAY S-U-G-A-R?

I went to the bank today to make a withdrawal and since I am not wonder woman, I had to put Nate down to do it. Well, the little man did NOT want to be put down, he wanted me to hold him the entire time, so he immediately began crying very loudly and grabbing onto my legs. I'm trying to tell him it's ok and to stop fussing so the teller, in her attempt to help, comes around and wants to give him a plastic filled egg.

She says, "Can he have an egg?"

I ask, "Does it have candy? He can't have sugar".

She says, "No, it just has a piece of chocolate in it."

Ummm....ahem......HELLOOOOOOOOO! I should've asked her if the chocolate was sugar-free. So I very politely tell her, thanks but he cannot have ANY sugar because it affects him like caffeine would for someone else. She looks rather offended that I turned down her chocolate treat but says, "Oh! We wouldn't want that!" Then she tries to offer him the empty egg and a sticker but Nate doesn't fall for bribes very easily. It just made him wail louder. So I just look at her say, "He's not going for it, but thanks for trying," and took the sticker to give him later.

He stopped crying as soon as I got my money and was ready to leave. Naturally.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh Boy! Good for you for sticking to your guns. I have had some run ins with people in banks when my children were small too. What is with bank people??! lol