Friday, July 11, 2008

SUMMER AT THE MOVIES



Don and I love movies. Fortunately, we've winged it where we can put Nate to sleep in the stroller and still catch an afternoon movie every once in awhile. We're taking advantage of that for as long as the naps last. The last one we saw was "Hancock". It was entertaining but the story wasn't too original. I cannot WAIT to see "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and "The Mummy Returns"! I always loved the old "Journey...." version and love all the Mummy movies. Jules Verne is one of my favorite authors too.

When we were kids, on Saturday mornings, my dad would watch "World Beyond" with us (any Arizonans out there remember that?). We saw great classic "B" movies like "The Blob", "Them" and all the Godzilla flicks. I loved them all. I love nearly every genre too and have a fav from each one.

What is your favorite movie? What's your favorite movie treat? I cannot see a movie without getting popcorn...no matter how full I am. ha!

1 comment:

Sam- Hypnotoad said...

D,

I LOVED World Beyond! 10:30am, I was parked in front of the TV. Ha ha! I want to see Journey to the Center of the Earth also. It looks very good!

My favorite movie of all time most likely is Saving Private Ryan. With "This Boys Life" coming in second.
Toy Story 2 and Wall-e ranks up there also. Favorite snack has to be salty popcorn with peanut M&M's.