Wednesday, July 23, 2008

ARE WE GETTING CLOSE????

Nate has been hating his diaper changes lately and every time his diaper is full, he'll grab it and say "Diaper!" He knows what the bathroom is and that we "go" in there, so I've been keeping an eye out for potty training opportunities. I know it's still a bit early for him but the more comfortable he is with the idea, my thinking is that it will be a little easier to teach him when the time comes. Plus I'm getting tired of forking over money for diapers.

So anyway....this morning I'm changing his diaper and notice that he might possibly still have to pee. So I ask him, "Do you need to go pee?" He looks at me like he's really concentrating and suddenly he starts to "go". So I seize the moment, whisk him over to his potty chair and plop him down on it. He looks at me like, "What do I do?" So I'm telling him to try and pee in the potty. At first, nothing, but then he starts to do it! I praise him LIKE CRAZY and he looks down at himself peeing, then up at me like "Wow! I'm really doing it!" Big 'ol smile on his face. Then we go through the steps of cleaning up.

I know we've got a ways to go but I was so excited that he went in his potty for the first time! And luckily, so was he!

5 comments:

Pat Ramos said...

Way to go Nate!! I think he's more ready than you might think he is!! Go for it, can't hurt any. Good luck. MOM

Chanda said...

Great job!!! It's never too early. It's so much fun to see how happy they are when they go. Keep pouring on the praise. They love it!

Sharon said...

Yay!! nate!!!way to go! Bailey is going in the potty at least 2 times a day and she squeals when she does it to. That is so exciting but it could take a year of this!! haha

Sharon said...

Hi Denise,
My friend sentthis and I thought of you...
Hi all,

One of my dearest friends from college called me this morn to let me
know
she is running for Congress! She is a wonderful, strong Christian who
loves
the Lord with all her heart. She really is a brilliant person...1st
woman to
lead the doctorate program of international law at Cambridge Univ. and
has
recently worked with Condoleezza Rice. She moved back to her hometown
of
Prescott, Arizona, to run for Congress. I told her even though I don't
live
in Arizona and can't vote there, I'd pass along her web site
information.
I'd love it if you can get her name out there. We'd all love to have
her on
a seat in Congress! Can you please help by passing along her web site
to
people you know...especially any in Arizona?
Thanks!
http://drlivingstoneipresume.com/
Blessings,
Pam Jimison

McKillip Family said...

I started when Faith was 18 months just to get her used to it (we bought a potty pal- which is a toliet seat w/ an extra attachment for the kid). She hasn't pooped in her diaper since 22 months and she has been in undies since Father's Day. She still wears a pull up at night, but it's usually dry in the mornings. All of a sudden she was just ready to start peeing in the potty and after a week she had it down. I'm still a bit shocked.