Tuesday, July 1, 2008

GETTING THE GROOVE



I just watched a dvd of bass techniques from Norm Stockton. He's a PHENOMENAL bassist who tours and records with Lincoln Brewster ("Let the Praises Ring", "Love the Lord", etc.) I am in awe watching him effortlessly play the bass and his dvd, "Groovin' in Heaven" is loaded with techniques I can't wait to try out. The thing I like the most is how humble he is despite his talent and career. At the end of the dvd, he talks about using your talent for God, being a spiritual encouragement to your worship team and making time to strengthen your relationship with God. I love it! Of course, after watching this dvd I am completely humbled and feel like such a fledging beginner, but inspired at the same time to take my skills up a few notches....ok A LOT of notches. haha. Check out his website by clicking on this link: www.normstockton.com Listen to his rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner' below. His technique is amazing!



No comments: