Tuesday, July 8, 2008

MONSOON HAS ARRIVED

Yea! The monsoon season is officially here!! Now to us Arizonans, that means...RAIN!! And THUNDERSTORMS!! Stuff we rush to the windows to gawk at in awe. I love this part of the summer. Tonight, the monsoon blew cool breezes over the desert..cool enough for me to sit on the deck, drinking HOT..not iced...coffee and watch the storm. Big huge cloud to ground lightening bolts and other big bolts streaking across the sky. I wish I knew how to capture that on film but I'm not that talented.

Don and I have started working out to get fit and eat healthier. A few years ago we went on a very healthy diet and dropped a ton of weight..without even exercising. Well, unfortunately, that doesn't work anymore. We have officially entered the age where we have to eat right AND exercise if we want to see the pounds and inches come off. I'm a bit disgruntled because I let myself go to where my "fat" pants are too tight!! And they used to be really loose. Ugh! Some friends gave us some weight vests so I have started using mine when I take walks on our hilly dirt road. Don is going to the gym and enjoying it. I, on the other hand, HATE gyms and Don HATES walking, so we have to be accountable for own separate exercise. We are determined to get this weight off though and tone up at the same time.

I hear the canopy on our deck whipping around so I think another storm has moved in. Yea!

3 comments:

Chanda said...

We're right there with ya! I lost 10 lbs. last November and they've all found their way home. We just joined the gym. It's really hard to work out a schedule and get into a routine. Sam is way more disciplined than I am, but I'm trying. Maybe next time we all see each other we'll be skinny...wishful thinking. :-)

Sam said...

The summer storms are so beautiful. I would love to have the views you have from your deck when they come rolling in...

Stacie said...

I remember that from when I lived in AZ - I loved it when the monsoons would come! (I still love a good storm - even though we get too many here.)
Those 4th of July pictures are too cute - if I didn't comment on them already. (I forget sometimes :)