Tuesday, July 22, 2008

WEIRDNESS AT THE COFFEE SHOP

So this afternoon, I go to the coffee shop to get some much needed work done. As I'm immersed in my work, a guy in his late 60's or so, sits down at the table across from me with his coffee. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye he starts bopping his head to the music..I mean REALLY bopping...like he's listening to some rockin' stuff on his iPod...except he doesn't HAVE an iPod! I'm pretending not to notice as I continue working. Next thing I know, he stands up and starts DANCING..shuffling his feet across the room and totally rockin' out!! It's like a live iPod commercial, except, like I said, no iPod. By now, I'm REALLY trying not to notice and in my head I'm thinking "Don't look up! Don't look up!" But I'm about ready to bust up laughing. What the heck was in his coffee??!! By now I'm thinking this guy is totally insane. But then he sits down and his cell phone rings and what do you know? This guy is having a totally SANE conversation with whoever he's talking to.

Well....at least someone found their "happy place" today. Too bad I didn't have a camera phone to take a picture for you. ha!

5 comments:

Chanda said...

That's pretty funny! When I worked in Scottsdale, I saw a man driving down the road every day...except he didn't have a car!!! Steering...shifting...you name it! I guess if you're walking to work you may as well entertain people at the same time.

Kayce said...

HA! I so love witnessing things like that! It just really makes you think about what is normal and what is not. I'm ususaly the one in the car driving down the street playing air guitar and singing way out loud.

Sam- Hypnotoad said...

I sometimes go into coffee shops dancin' and singin' isn't that normal?

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

Sam...next time take a photo and email it to me. ha!

RamblingMother said...

What a funny story. You come across the weirdest people!