Wednesday, July 2, 2008

HOME AGAIN



We have left the cool breezy ocean and returned to bake in the desert. I have to say, I did not want to come home. Usually I'm ready to get back to normalcy but this time, Don and I really only had a weekend together and mentally and physically, I was ready for a true one-week vacation. Don't get me wrong....Don had a fantastic time at the worship conference and what better way to spend a weekend together than at the beach and visiting good friends? But it just wasn't long enough this time. I"m ready for a full week TOGETHER with no work..no responsibilies (other than being a parent!)

We didn't realize just how tiring this trip was for Nate. He slept most of the 6-hour ride home and today he slept in until 9:30am!! Considering he's usually up between 6-6:30am, this was very unusual. I slept in too but not as long as I would've liked because I was worried that something was wrong with him! Had to check in on him a couple of times to make sure he was still breathing. haha. Even with sleeping late, he still took his nap and went to bed tonight without babbling before falling asleep. Poor kid was just worn out.

We stayed the weekend with my art agent and it was great to catch up with her family and also get some business taken care of. Saturday, we visited with our close friends from college days, Chris & Gayle and their 2 kids. These are the friends who are guilty of getting us addicted to Starbucks. haha. Sunday, we were going to head home but decided at the last minute to stay the night in San Diego. Breakfast on Mission Beach was the best! Here's some photos for you.

CONNOR AND NATE...TAKING A WALK




CHEERS!


DON BEING GOOFY


OUR FRIENDS, THE SCOTTS


NATE'S LOVIN' THE ATTENTION


ALWAYS CLIMBING


LOOK WHAT THE STORK/PELICAN BROUGHT!


COTTAGES ON THE PIER THAT I WOULD LOVE TO STAY IN ONE OF THESE DAYS

4 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Girl, I thought about you this past Sunday! One of "those moments" at church!

I'd like to "escape" from the bubble one day soon, too...where we could go and just be the 5 of us...wish money was not a factor...ahh...until then, I'll be looking from within...

Your pictures are beautiful! It is nice that Don has the opportunity to go to so many encouraging or uplifting conferences!

Sam said...

D,

Glad you are home safe and well in time to enjoy scorching heat for the 4th of July! I love Don's orange shirt! Where was he lucky enough to find that?

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

I think he got at Ross!

Amy said...

I too would love to get away! We will eventually..our TENTH anniversary is this year (can you believe it??) and we plan on going on a cruise over spring break. But until then... we'll see.

We are coming to Phoenix Aug 1-5th. My dad and his wife still live there. I don't think I remember how HOT hot can be...but I'm sure it will come back very quickly. :)