Sunday, November 16, 2008

EVENING VISITOR

Tonight I let Harvard out to use the bathroom and heard him making a huge ruckus. I looked outside to see him up against our fence, nose to nose with THIS.......................

A javelina!







It was absorbed in it's dinner (cactus) so I got a few good pics. Then we heard some gravel crunching in our driveway and saw another one! This one looked bigger so we're assuming it was the mother. I couldn't get any good photos of that one because 1: every time we got closer it moved away and 2: there was no fence between it and us so I wasn't about to get TOO close! Those things can run pretty fast! Every so often we see javelina around our area. Usually they travel in packs but we only saw these two.

Here's some photos of Nate playing. We moved our carpet to the corner of the house nearest our back door and that proved to be a better play area for him. He has more room, can play by himself and not be near the t.v. and I can open the sliding glass door to let air in. Surprisingly, he doesn't bother our big green shell lamp!




4 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

WOW! Do those things bite?

Nate is such a cutie!

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

They have long curved razor teeth and I wouldn't want to find out!!

Pat Ramos said...

I hate those pigs! But Nate looks cute and having fun!

Sarah said...

holy cow do those things look dangerous! Hopefully they will eat and move on. Nate is getting so big and more handsome everytime I see pictures. They are all growing up so fast.