Thursday, August 27, 2009

CUTTING TEETH!

Nate began having mood swings a few weeks ago...one minute he was happy and the next he was whiny, crying, mad or very easily irritated. I thought it was because he was nearing the "Trying Threes" stage until I looked at his teeth. Poor kid is cutting his last two BIG molars at the same time...both of his top teeth. I'm sure this has a lot to do with his behavior although nearing the "3" stage is also part of it. His routine has been off again partly because of late night meetings, boredom (we have only 1 working car & no playgrounds or places nearby to release his energy), and stress from the house situation, my work situation, etc etc. 

Over the last month, he has also started getting up 2 or 3 times in the middle of the night. Usually he has a bad dream & comes to our room or outside his door sobbing. Then he'll get up again needing to go to the bathroom. We've tried to encourage to go on his own & that he doesn't need permission to "go", but he won't do it without our permission. If we don't wake up in time, it results in a wet mess! Needless to say, lack of sleep every night does not do well for me so we are BOTH cranky during the day. haha. Again, I don't know if cutting the teeth has anything to do with this but I doubt it helps. *sigh*

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Grace is getting all 4 at once- and can you say attitude???!! She tells me several times a day that she is not my friend. This is because she can't have everything she wants- makes me want to cry!

Pat Ramos said...

Ohh poor Nate. Don't be too hard on him he's probably sensing your stress level too with the house situation and all your projects going on!!haha...cutting teeth can be painful too and make you grouchy.

Missie said...

I have been catching up on blog reading today. I love your purses. So happy for you in all the good things happening right now. Nate's teeth will come in and then you can really celebrate!