Sunday, August 30, 2009

JUST GIVE ME A CAFFEINE INJECTION

UGH! I will be glad when these gianormous molars have finished breaking through. I'm certain it's the cause for Nate's constant waking up and difficulty sleeping, both in naps & at night. Sat. night he woke up twice, needing to pee, refusing to go to the bathroom without our "blessing" & couldn't hold it. So twice I was up scrubbing a soaked carpet. I think I may have to put him in pull-ups for awhile. ha. He doesn't really act like his gums are in pain but it's definitely affecting his mood, obedience & sleep patterns. Don and I usually take turns putting him back to bed but once I'm forced to wake up during the night, I have a heck of a time being awake & functional the next day. That's one reason I was glad I didn't have a baby. Night feedings would've done me in. However, I think it's all coming back to bite me. haha. 

After he woke up the 2nd time, I couldn't find any clean undees for him. I had washed them but hadn't got around to folding clothes so they were in a pile in our room. I was too exhausted to search in the dark so I just sent him to back to bed in the buff. He wasn't thrilled with that but I told him I didn't have anymore undees for him because he kept peeing in them so, he'd just have sleep without them. Surprisingly, he didn't get out of bed until it was time to get up.

Hmmmm.....maybe that's the ticket.   ;-D

3 comments:

Pat Ramos said...

Poor Nate, those molars can be really painful. Patience my dear part of parenting.

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

True, however I could still use a caffeine injection. haha.

Tina said...

wow, I need to get a better look at Reed's gums- maybe this is what we're going through too. So cranky lately. I've learned that I do not have near enough patience but I'm working on it :)
Praying the molars break through soon,
Tina