Wednesday, August 12, 2009

REVISED BLOG

I think I'm going to get rid of my Photo Blog and make it an Art blog instead. Most of the photos I take end up here so it sort of defeats the purpose to have a separate photo blog. However, I do so many artsy fartsy things, might as well have a separate blog for it. So, it's bye-bye photo blog, hello Art blog! Now I just have to remember to take photos of all my ongoing art projects...and believe me there are several. ha!

On another note...we are in escrow!!!! After 3-1/2 yrs of renting, we are getting our own pad. The house is in Gladden Farms in Marana, AZ (about 7 miles or so, northwest of us). It's 1955 sq ft, 3b, 2ba, big 18" diagonal tile (except the bedrooms which are carpet) and a steal at $175k. Actually, if the appraisal comes in lower, they will have to give it to us for less! At the height of the market, this home was easily around $300k. Best of all, it is in a community that has a ton of playgrounds, bike trails and young families....translation, playmates for Nate! Not to mention, it has a huge laundry room to store all my art stuff!

No closing date yet but we are guesstimating early Sept. The inspection was yesterday and went well. Here's a photo of the front of the house. More later after we move in. Yay!!



6 comments:

Kayce said...

Congratulations Denise! Beautiful home!!! We will keep you in our prayers that everything is smooth for escrow and moving!

RamblingMother said...

congrats on the house. Hope it all goes well.

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Nice pad! Congrats!

Sarah said...

Super nice home! Congrats!

Angel said...

Pretty. I was wondering if the guy on the roof comes with it? I could use a built in handyman at my place. That would be a steal!

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

LOL! I didn't even notice him! That was the inspector. I'll have to ask him if he's a handyman too. haha