Friday, August 21, 2009

LET ME IN!!

I knew this day would be coming. Sure enough...today was the day. Nate locked me out of the house! I had to run outside & put the mail in the mailbox. A quick & simple task but no more had I walked out the door when I thought, "I should probably take a key with me". However, I dismissed it because Nate hasn't really messed with the door locks yet....or so I thought. When I came back & tried to open the door, naturally, he had locked it. 

So here I am banging on the door trying to get him to unlock the doorknob. I hear his little voice saying, "Ok mom!" Finally he figures it out and I turn the knob....only to discover he had also locked the deadbolt too! ARGH! So now I'm telling him to unlock the top lock, but in his confusion, he locked the doorknob again! I suppose I should find the humor in this but it was blistering hot outside and I was not very happy with myself for not trusting my instincts. 

FINALLY, after a few minutes he figures it all out & I breathe a sigh of relief that he did. However, the little stinker still got timeout for messing with the locks...a "no-no" that he was well aware of. Next time, I'll definitely remember to take that key!!

4 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

=)

Unknown said...

Tee hee! It happens to all of us. :-)

Sarah said...

LOL! Its time to hide a key somewhere darling!

Sharon said...

I am trying not to laugh but am finally giving up! hahahahaha

So cute. He is all boy and too adorable for words. I'm just glad it all worked out and you are such al evel headed mamma!!

I have missed you ove the summer!!