Friday, July 10, 2009

COFFEE TO GO

I've been searching for a unique purse/tote that was funky and large enough to hold toddler stuff (like a pullup & extra pair of pants, snacks, etc.) But I couldn't find one I liked, so I decided to make one.....out of coffee bags! I saw an example of this in a craft book & since we are coffeeholics, might as well put those bags to use. I did discover that you can't sew a normal seam on coffee bags (since it ripped open after I tried). So, I had use a zigzag stitch both on the seam and the topstitching. I like how it turned out and want to make another one!

Front

Back



Small pocket on front

3 comments:

Pat Ramos said...

Cute! Maybe you should market it??

Michelle McKinney said...

You are amazing!!!!!!! Unbelievable!

Missie said...

Great idea! I've seen lots of different bags, but not like this one. Maybe you could post a tutorial on how to make it. I wish I had some of your craft talent.