Friday, July 3, 2009

GOOD WISHES QUILT...FINISHED!!

Well I finally finished Nate's Good Wishes Quilt! All I'm doing now is adding detail topstitching, which is an ongoing process. I tell you what...I have a huge respect for quilters now. I've always loved quilts. For some reason, I will go into a deep sleep with a good quilt thrown over me and I love the feel of them. I machine stitched this entire quilt and it was driving me nuts. I can't imagine hand quilting an entire one. Not to mention, this was only crib size...not full size. I just have no patience for quilting. However, one day, I still want to try hand stitching the top of one and I have grand ideas for future quilts. Most likely they will remain ideas...either that or take me years to finish. haha. Nate loves his quilt, and it does come in handy for a quick nap on the sofa!






On a side note, this is how Nate puts away his blocks. I discovered today just how much he enjoys being organized. haha.

2 comments:

Kayce said...

The quilt is beautiful!!! I agree quilters are amazing! I just finished mine and I got to work on it with 3 amazing quilters and they just took my breath away...it is an art!

Missie said...

You did a great job! I took a quilting class and we made a table topper. After that I decided I had rather admire them than make them. Maybe one day....