Friday, November 6, 2009

SETTLING IN

I am wiped out. We have spent the entire week, day & night cleaning, unpacking & organizing and getting the house set up. I have had absolutely no time for anything else....but it's starting to look & feel more like home. The house is huge compared to our last..from 1300 to 1955 sq ft & high ceilings (not vaulted). Our stuff looks tiny in the great room & master bedroom. We are so excited & happy to be here. During all the trials with this house, I had pretty much decided we were better off without it & did not even like the idea of having it. However, since we've moved in, I feel like this is home...where we're supposed to be. Nate is doing pretty well too. Happier & excited to have his new room & new bed. We've tried to let him be a part of the unpacking, painting & decorating so the transition would be easier & more fun for him. The backyard is huge & Nate LOVES playing out on the patio and I love that I can do other things & know he's safe back there. Today he rode his bike to one of the nearby parks. At our old house, the dirt road was rutty, uneven & hilly. Perfect for an older child to ride, but not a 3 yr old learning to use training wheels! Soooooo nice to have a park in walking distance. I feel like I am spoiled, like a kid in a candy store.

We still have a lot to do....more painting, landscaping & decorating to come and I'm looking forward to it all. Thank you for all your prayers & encouragement. This was a tough wait but definitely worth it! We plan on having an Open House in the next month or so. Here's some more pics for you.


Painting his new room

Up high in his new loft bed

Big yard to play in

I have my own coffee bar! And not ashamed to say I use BOTH machines daily.

Taking flight on the nearby playground

No comments: