Wednesday, March 18, 2009

PATTY CAKE..PATTY CAKE...



I have been in a freaky baking mood these last few days and cannot seem to stop. Bad news for us because my baking involves flour and sugar. Doh! It all started with last Thursday when I made a coffee cake for a meeting. Then our friends came over Monday night and I made a homemade yellow cake with chocolate frosting (my Lola Ramos' recipe) along with the dinner...then last night for St. Patty's we had our small group over and I made roast corned beef & cabbage, Irish stew, mashed potatoes, white soda bread and more cake! 

Today I was perusing through our Irish cookbook and ran across potato cakes. They looked really yummy in the photo so I fished out the leftover mashed potatoes and decided to make them. But I gave them a southwestern twist. They're supposed to have chopped chives but I didn't have any so I added chopped cilantro instead. 

I'll let you know how they taste. Mmmmmmm.....


*Update*......These are AWESOME when you slice them open and slap some butter in the middle. Kind of like a flavorful biscuit.

No comments: