Wednesday, March 11, 2009

KILLER SALAD

Don and I are eating healthier in an effort to lose weight and save money by NOT eating out. Today I made the best salad EVER! Is it wrong to toot your own horn? Oh man it was good! I could eat it every day for awhile before getting tired of it. haha.

It was basically a grilled salmon salad....although if you're a vegetarian you could put grilled portabellos on it and that would be tasty. Here it is:

GRILLED SALMON SALAD

Brush olive oil on fresh salmon (I used Atlantic Salmon fillet), squeeze a little lemon juice and s&p. Grill on low heat, skin-side on grill until flaky.

Toast any of the following:
-unsweetened coconut
-macademia nuts
-chopped peanuts
-sesame seeds

Mix romaine lettuce, green onions, broccoli, peeled carrot shavings, and anything else you want in it. Top with the toasted toppings, salmon pieces and Kraft Asian, Toasted Sesame Dressing.

YUM!! BTW.....anyone have any tasty homemade salad dressing recipes? I'm looking for creative stuff like Cilantro Lime or a tropical dressing........stuff that only has a hint of sweetness.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

MMMMMMM- sounds good! You have inspired me to stop my the market on the way home! I too could drop a few pounds. :)