Wednesday, August 22, 2012

10 Random Things About Me


A few years ago I did this and it was funny to read some things about me...how I've changed or haven't changed. Haha. So I'm doing it again with an update, but this time I'll limit it to the top 10. 

10 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME

1. I cannot sit still and am ALWAYS fidgeting (even without the coffee!)

2. I have always wanted a treehouse for my office, with a sitting area where I can take my laptop & iced mocha. Unfortunately, cactus' don't make good treehouses.

3. I HATE wearing shoes and almost ALWAYS wear my flip flops.

4. I get homesick for the ocean (even though I've lived in the desert most of my life) and have to live within driving distance of it.

5. I started playing violin when I was 8. Taught myself bass when I was 11. Recently took up the ukulele and still want to learn to play mandolin.

6. I had 3 dates in high school. Yes, 3. Met my future hubby two weeks after high school graduation and he became my first and only boyfriend.

7. When I met Don I was 17 and told him I didn't want to get married till I was 30. He said "Me too" and then I got married when I was 21. Then I told him I didn't want to have kids. When we were newlyweds, apparently I told a friend that I'd always thought about adopting and if I ever had children, I hoped I would have a boy (I don't remember that conversation!) I never envisioned myself with a baby, always a toddler. FLASH FORWARD.... 17 years later, we had our first child, adopted a 10 month old boy. *Can you say premonition?

8. I LOATHE speaking in public and would rather sing in front of thousands of people than speak. People tell me I look confident and that's always boggled my mind because I sure don't feel it!

9. I am a horrible procrastinator.

10. I became a coffee drinker at 27. Started my current art career when I was 37. Became a mom at 39. Almost got down to my "married weight" (115 lb) at 43 (gained a few back, working my way down again. Thanks Bob Harper for your Skinny Rules.) My motto.... you're never too "old" to start doing SOMETHING and accomplish it!

**Bonus Thing:  I don't like candy except chocolate bars. But I LOVE baked goods. Not super sweet moussey ganache truffle frosting type of baked goods. Just give me a good chocolate cake and I'll be happy. Or a brownie. With no frosting. Even a snickerdoodle is perfect. I'm getting hungry.

1 comment:

marisa frank said...

So great to learn things about you. #10 is my favorite. I agree with you never to old to start something and reach our goals.