Monday, February 13, 2012

The Vow


I had seen previews of this movie but didn't give it much thought....until I watched The Today show this morning. The movie is based on the real life story of Kim & Krickett Carpenter...Christ followers whose marriage was tested beyond belief when a brain injury, just 2 months after their wedding, left Krickett with amensia. She did not remember her husband...at all. Krickett is only 2 years younger than me and Don is only a year older than her hubby. Krickett was raised in Phoenix, like me and married not long after Don & I married. After coming off a weekend of a Love & Respect seminar and starting a new marriage series at church called "Angry Words", the timing of this kind of hit home.

Their story is one of faith, sacrifice, and real love. Now I am anxious to see the movie. But I think I better bring a pack of Kleenex!

No comments: