Saturday, November 12, 2011

Shoeboxes!!

Friend Patty & son M, donating 4 shoeboxes!

I am STOKED about the Operation Christmas Child shoebox stories from everyone. We have to raise 10 boxes per person by next week and so far we've raised 13! Three were donated by us, 3 more from a friend Wendi, who I have never met but we have connected through this adoption blog. Wendi & fam also adopted 3 beautiful kids from Columbia so we have another connection. I was thrilled when she facebooked me and said, "Our kids want to participate."

Another friend, Patty, who I have not seen in nearly 15 years donated 4 boxes! We hooked up in Phx while we were attending a wedding and it was great to see her and meet her kids. Then our next door neighbor wanted to pay me for some art product samples so I said, instead of paying me, why not donate shoeboxes....so she donated 3 more! Very excited to know that 13 more kids will have special gifts this year, but more importantly, knowing the best gift...Jesus!

We only need 7 MORE SHOEBOXES so if you are out of town and want to participate, you can! It's approximately $15 to fill a shoebox and you can send the money via PayPal or giftcard. If you are in Tucson, I can meet you for a pickup...just email me: ddsullivan2@msn.com

No comments: