Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Catching Up....Maybe


There has been so much going on, I can't keep up with it! Between creating art, sewing laptop bags, doing graphic design work for the church and other church ministries...I am BUSY. Let's see...where to start. Much to my surprise, my burlap laptop bags have been a hit on Etsy. I've sold more than the purses I used to make, to people in the U.S., Ireland, England and Canada! Crazy considering they're not exactly cheap. I'm excited because I found 2 coffee roasters in Tucson who supply me with very cool burlap sacks. However, I may have to start ordering the other supplies online because I keep buying out everything at Hancock Fabrics or JoAnn's!

While Nate finished up his last 3 days of school, we took a MUCH NEEDED getaway to San Diego. Oohhhhh......it was so very hard to come back home. 3 days was not nearly enough time. We had just started to relax and it was time to leave. I had a GROUPON for the Crystal Pier Cottages...a place I have been dying to stay at for over 15 years!! It was worth every minute to be there. The cottages are right on the pier and we left all the windows and doors open to listen to the crashing waves every night.

When we came back, my parents arrived for a week. Nate was THRILLED. Grandma & Grandpa time is very precious and he took advantage of every minute of it. It was great to see my parents, and we even did some running around despite the heat.

After that, we were due to go up to Greer last week for another Groupon getaway, but sadly, the Wallow wildfire was raging and growing and Greer had to be evacuated. Fortunately, the lodge and many other residences were not damaged in Greer, but our absolute FAVORITE playground, Alpine and the Bear Wallow wilderness are burned up. It is still raging along with another massive wildfire just south of us. Crazy dry out here and no sign of rain.

With Nate out of school, I am trying to figure out how to keep him busy so I can get work done! I am twice as busy as last year and even with a faster computer, it's hard to keep up with everything. Next week, he goes to Kinder Camp, then in July he has swim lessons. In the meantime, we are taking advantage of the slip-n-slide and summer movies and trying not to eat too much ice cream. haha. I get really itchy to travel during summer because we looked forward to that as kids. Even though I've been married 21 years, and we rarely travel during the summer, I still FEEL like I should be doing it!

Happy Summer to you!

No comments: