Thursday, May 19, 2011

Putting Burlap to Good Use

13inch Laptop Case made from burlap coffee sacks!

I've enjoyed designing my coffee purses out of recycled coffee bags but they were just too labor intensive to sell at a reasonable price. So then I started a different venture that has exploded! Laptop cases made from burlap coffee sacks! They're selling like hotcakes on my Etsy site.

The good thing is that these are much faster and easier to make and are great for guys as well as girls. Then I remembered that Tucson has its own coffee roasting company, Arbuckle Coffee Roasters. I paid them a visit this morning and had a great time talking to Denney and Pat about their company. Also left with several very AWESOME burlap bags! Can't wait to start sewing! All of the proceeds from these bags go toward our Ethiopian adoption. Speaking of which, we are in the waiting stage and will probably find out next March if we're getting a boy or girl!

Each laptop case comes with a power cord case
made from recycled coffee bags.

No comments: