Saturday, January 15, 2011

FACELIFT

A cream area rug screams "Blank canvas! Do something to me!" So...I did. Our 11ft x 12ft area rug came with our house. For a year, I looked around at other rugs, eyeing bold colors and patterns but never justifying the hundreds of dollars I would have to spend. Then, a few days ago, I stumbled across some internet articles about dyeing a rug. I thought, hey..I can do that!

So for the last 2 days, I have worn out two spray bottles covering our rug in RIT dye. I found an interesting rug pattern on the internet and used it as a guide while adding my own twist. The result was better than I expected (plus I got an amazing workout on my legs and gluttious maximus. ha!) Below are the photos.

Spraying on the RIT


Adding shapes

Looks like a mess but that's how I roll.

Base colors down....taping the template for the half circles.

Almost finished!

Border painted...Done in a weekend!


3 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

love it! you are so creative! hope all is well. love reading the blog!

Missie said...

Great job!

Patricia Krueger said...

You are so creative. I would never have had the courage to undertake this. You should sell some of these!