Saturday, September 25, 2010

Get Your Kicks......


So, on Thursday, Don comes home from work & says, "Hey! Feel like going up to Williams?" He wanted to scout for turkey for his upcoming turkey hunt next weekend. Naturally, who am I to say "no" to a road trip? Especially when we haven't had a 2-day family weekend since January!

Well Williams is a 4-1/2 hr drive north...about a hour south of the Grand Canyon. It was already late afternoon so I started buzzing around the house throwing things together to go camping. A quick "Google" on campgrounds in Williams and we were off. As expected we went off & forgot a few things (like Don's coat...good thing he brought his Snuggie. haha!).

We decided on Kaibab Lake campground and it was beautiful! We could see the lake from our campsite...temps were 40's at night, high 70's day. Considering we left behind 100+ degree temps, that was heaven to us! Leaving so spontaneously, the only tent we had was Nate's.

Yep..that's right. We ALL squeezed into his tent & when I say "squeezed", I mean SQUEEZED. After 2 days of feeling the ground in my back and barely being able to turn over, I was ready for my own bed!

We had a great time though and enjoyed touristy Williams on Route 66, scouting the back roads for turkey (and finding a herd of sheep instead), and just being in the cool, quiet pines.

I was SO not ready to come home! Click on "Williams Photos" below to see more pics.

1 comment:

Kayce said...

ummmm! I'm so jealous! I'm ready for a spur of the moment camping trip!! Love that pic of you guys!