Wednesday, August 11, 2010

1ST DAY OF PRESCHOOL!!!


My baby is growing up into a handsome little boy. Today he started his 1st day of preschool!!

Ok, but.... let me back up a bit.

Monday, we got him ready for school, totally pumped him up for his BIG first day! Got all the way there and my first thought was, "Where are all the kids?" We walked up to the classroom only to hear the teachers say, "Uh...yeah...school doesn't start for him until WEDNESDAY!"

Doh!!!!!! I'm already scatterbrained on my kid's first day of preschool!

Poor Nate was SO disappointed & sad. How do you explain to a 3yr old that you screwed up on the dates? He looked ready to cry but he didn't. Sooo......I had some making up to do. That day was a 100% "Nate" day. We went to Sbux & got his favorite chocolate milk. Then we went to the fabric store where he picked out fabric for a shirt that I PROMISED to make him for his official first day. Then we went to the mall where he had unlimited play on the playground, rode up & down the escalator & glass elevator multiple times. THEN, he got an ice cream cone.

I also told him not to expect this every time..that it was a special treat. haha. So we made up for the mixed up dates.

And finally, the big day arrived. I made him the shirt I promised (and believe me, he asked about it), and he had a great day at school! Got good remarks from the teachers..in fact...one of them was sad that he wasn't in her class, and ate his entire lunch, including the carrots!

So proud of our little man! Here's photos (click on the words below).

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

I did that last year at mid year. Glad you guys made the best of the day. He looks like such a grown up boy, heh.