Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4 Carnival


Had a great time at our church's July 4 carnival fundraiser! I was basically at the church from 8:15 that morning until 9pm that night. It was hot, sweaty work setting up the booths after service and I think I was a little dehydrated from the heat & over dosing on coffee to keep me awake, but thanks to several volunteers, we managed to get everything set up by 5pm! It was so awesome to see families arriving & having a great time. I really wanted a Starbucks basket up for auction but the price got too high for our budget. Next time I'll have to put a stash of $$ aside!

The fundraiser was a HUGE success in many ways..financially (sorry, not revealing the final fundraising amount until Sunday!) and being able to meet many new families. Fireworks from the nearby resort topped it off. Here's photos for you:

No comments: