Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!

Me & my dad

My dad...a great grandpa

Cheers to all you dads out there and especially our dads! I have many great memories of my dad & here are a few that stand out:

1. Watching World Beyond on Sat mornings...especially Godzilla!
2. Going to fun places like Wallace & Ladmo shows, playgrounds, & teaching us silly songs.
3. Making sure we had our daily quota of sweets!
4. Always teaching us the importance of honoring God in everything we did
5. Encouraging us & supporting us in our dreams
6. Letting us shave his face with the electric shaver (I don't think I would've been that brave!)
7. Building the coolest VBS and youth worship props. Still remember the robot he built that talked & made cool beeps & whirs.
8. Running the puppet shows for youth worship & recording our voices for 4 different puppets!
9. Teaching us to be generous givers (to this day he always brings us a Costco sized supply of toilet paper! haha)
10. Teaching us to make awesome Filipino food!

Now I am really thankful to have the chance to see my dad be a great grandpa to Nate. Thanks dad for being the best dad ever! My husband was also taught by his parents how to be a great dad. He has a unique way of looking at the world differently and I love how he instills values, strength, integrity and leadership in our son, in his own creative way. I find it interesting how Nate responds to him and I see the importance of having a good dad in his life.

I am really blessed to have the positive influences of my dad, my husband and my father-in-law in my life. Happy Father's Day!!



Another great dad!

No comments: