Thursday, April 29, 2010

They're Baaaaaack

It really creeped me out to take this shot...
seriously the zoom lens was as far out as it would go!

A friend told me that bees in trees are in transition and will move on in about 4-5 days. Well those bees in our neighbor's trees did move...to their water meter, where they stayed for about a week. Then, a day ago, I pulled into our driveway and right as I was about to get out, my parents called. I stayed in the car talking on my cell while Nate dozed in the backseat. As I was chatting with them, I noticed small black things swirling through the air. They seemed to be coming from our tree next to the garage so I looked closer.

Yep...there they were swarming in a frenzy all through the tree....the BEES. I knew they'd form another cluster soon but I didn't want to get out in the middle of their frenzy. So I backed the truck out of the driveway and parked along the street. I'm so paranoid! Sure enough, they formed their nest and were still in the tree the next day. We decided to leave them "bee" (ha. sorry bad pun) and see where they decide to move on. Hopefully it will be somewhere other than our house!

No comments: