Thursday, April 15, 2010

BZZZZZZZZZ!!!


This morning I was taking Nate for a walk and as I approached the corner of our street, I heard a weird buzzing sound. At first I couldn't place it but I knew it was a strange noise.

And then I saw them.....

BEES!! Swarming in a big cloud all over our next door neighbor's front yard. Killer bees are very common out here & I wasn't taking any chances. I backed away & went to the other side of the street. We supposedly have neighbors who own the house but it's been vacant for 6 months. I called the HOA and they didn't even have a contact number for them, so they said they'd take care of it. We went out to lunch later and the swarm was in a big clump on the tree...as big as a basketball...maybe larger. *shudder*! I hate bees. I have never been stung (and certainly don't plan on it) but it's my one phobia. Spiders, snakes, lizards...don't freak me out at all but bees & wasps....that's a different story.

Later this afternoon we thought the hive had left, but then we saw them buzzing around the ground under the tree. I think I saw them going in and out of the water meter so I'm assuming they're forming a hive in there. Ugh! I hope they get rid of them soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A local beekeeper would love to come
pick up that swarm. A farmers market
person could guide you to the keeper.
I hope the city doesn't kill them.
They are necessary for pollinization.
Mary M....vancouver, wa