Monday, March 15, 2010

SPRINGING INTO....SOMETHING

Spring must be right around the corner because my seasonal sinus infection just announced its arrival. I wish I could treat it the same way I do the people selling steaks at my door. Just say "No thanks...not interested". But it looks like it's here to stay for awhile. Sun is shining right now & I am making an effort to hop on my bike nearly every day & take Nate to a nearby park. I pack lunch for us & get my picnic fix too. I realized how out of shape I am as I'm huffing & puffing on a straight stretch of road. haha.

We've made arrangements with our friends who have 2 kids (J.J. is the one in the previous posts), to swap kids every Friday for sleepovers. That gives us optimum couple time! Staying out as late as we want without having to rush back to relieve a babysitter. We started that 2 weeks ago & it was awesome!! We had dinner & dessert and as we left at 9:30pm, we decided, "Hey!! Let's go see a movie!" Now for those of you with teens or no kids, that may not seem very late but when your child has to be in bed by 8pm, late nights are few & far between. We saw "The Book of Eli"...very good! And a nice plot reveal at the end. At 11:30 we debated whether to go somewhere else but we were too tired. ha! It was nice easing into the next morning without having to jump up & get breakfast together & the kid dressed. I'm loving this arrangement!

This weekend, I'm excited to take Nate to the military air show at Davis-Montham Air Force Base. My dad used to take us when we were kids & we loved seeing the Blue Angels air show. the Thunderbirds will be here to perform & I can't wait! Nate loves planes so I know he'll get a kick out of it. My dad was a captain in the Air Force so I'm a bit partial to it.

That's it for now. Here's a new album on Facebook with recent photos: SPRING 2010

3 comments:

Monica said...

Yes, we have a whole new appreciation for date night, too! Lucky duck!

Anonymous said...

hi people. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching as far as something that exact brand. The prices seeking the sneakers are approximately 330 dollars on every page. But finally I found this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

As a fellow sinus infection sufferer, I have two words for you: neti pot. It sounds disgusting and it's a little strange trying it out but it does the the ol' nose a world of good.