Monday, March 8, 2010

Be Prepared in all Things

".....be prepared in season and out of season..." 2 Timothy 4:2

That scripture was running through my head all weekend. On Saturday, our worship leader, Danny, called distressed.....his wife had just given birth to a son & had pre-clympsia (high blood pressure). He wouldn't be able to lead worship on Sunday as they were keeping her longer in the hospital & he needed to be with her.

The other praise team member who has led worship in the past, was out of town. What were we to do? I had co-led with the other praise team member but never led worship. At first we thought, well, we have some praise & worship DVDs we could use.....but then I thought, I need to run this by our band members.

Without hesitation, every one of them agreed to make this work & pulled together to assist me in leading. I got to the church at noon but all my music & iTunes were at home. We found songs that were in my voice range (I tell Danny I have a "man-voice" & he corrects me & says, no, it's contra alto. haha). People came out of the woodwork offering to help sing, play an instrument, re-arrange the slides, etc. We put together an emergency rehearsal early Saturday night to work out kinks. I went home & practiced, practiced, practiced until I had the music memorized & was too tired to keep my eyes open. Unfortunately, I was still nervous & my over active brain was going so I got very little sleep.

I am so thankful for our team here at PRCC & their willingness to step up to the plate. This weekend was definitely a challenge for me & test of my faith, but honestly, despite the stress, I secretly enjoyed it! The church was singing their heart out & we had a great time on Sunday.

After church, the adrenaline high I had for the past 24 hours came crashing down & I slept all afternoon until the Oscars came on. haha. I'm happy to turn the reins back to Danny, and there are a few things I would've done differently for the service, but God pushed my abilities beyond what I thought I could do. Now I know I can step up to this bat if needed. From now on though, I will try to remember to be prepared for all things....especially when you least expect it!

Thankfully, Danny's wife is doing better & they are all home enjoying their beautiful son, Isaiah.

1 comment:

Kayce said...

I bet it was perfect! :)