Monday, February 15, 2010

Heartfelt Memories


When I was 2 years old, my parents gave me this heart shaped locket for my birthday. It used to have perfume inside & when I was little, I would pretend I was Cinderella with my "diamond" heart necklace.

I've worn the necklace throughout the years & now wear it nearly every Valentines day. When my friends little girls turned 2, they got a heart shaped necklace for their birthdays as well. If I ever have a little girl, she'll eventually get my necklace (and one of her own).

We spent Valentines day night at our church with a special dinner event. I found a dress for (get this).......... 99cents at Ross!!!! Someone spilled something on it & it was stained, but thanks to my friend's miracle cleaner, all the stains came out. Best deal EVER! It was a great night with beautiful songs, salsa dancing, Italian food for a sweet price ($10 per couple)! Can't beat that for Valentines day.

I enjoyed celebrating with my hubby and thinking about our first date 23-1/2 years ago (wow!) And sharing that love with our son for the last 3 years. Happy Valentines Day everyone!



2 comments:

Pat Ramos said...

umm....I had forgotten about that locket. Lovely couple. Can't beat that dress price..guess I'd better go back to shop there and see what I can find. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening.

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

beautiful pic of you two! the dress- what a steal! looks great on you, too! happy v-day!