Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WINTER THOUGHTS

Well, the weather in Tucson has been pretty good here lately, although the road to Mt. Lemmon is still closed due to excessive snow. Guess the sledding will have to wait for awhile.

In the meantime, I'm thankful that I can still walk to the park with my 3 yr old. Nate is exerting his independence more & more which makes life interesting. There are things about this age that I love though. His personality is developing more & I love to see how he's learning, how his imagination is taking shape and how he can do more things for himself. Kind of nice to be able to say, "hey Nate, can you let the dog outside?" or "hey Nate, can you throw this away for me?" haha! He thinks it's a big deal to do those things so might as well take advantage of it while I can!

He is a happy boy & loves life. He also likes things a certain way, for instance....his friend J.J. came over for a play day & was using his lightsaber like a gun, saying "Bang! Bang!". Well that didn't sit well with Nate at all. After all, it's a "SWORD" not a gun! Those chubby cheeks & mouth turned into a huge frown & those frustration tears welled up in his eyes. Going to take him some time to know the meaning of the word "pretend". He got so mad, he ran into his room, slammed the door & refused to let his friend in! Good times.

We are having many teachable moments. It amazes me at times to see what runs through his head. We celebrate the little (but very big to him) accomplishments like, cracking nuts with the nutcracker, putting his puzzles together, putting his train track together, doing crafts, spelling words, snapping & zipping up his pants by himself, etc etc. The other day, he sang a song that he learned in bible class...all by himself. We didn't even know he knew it!

And I love those moments when he says, "Mom, I love you THIS much!"...and opens his arms as wide as he can.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

So precious! Nate the three year old. You are going to be so glad you wrote all these little things down.

Pat Ramos said...

ohh so sweet Nate!! HOpe his arms will always be wide open to you and the rest of his family!! Gotta love it!! Glad he's learning a lot too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Easily I agree but I think the list inform should prepare more info then it has.