Monday, June 29, 2009

SUM...SUM...SUMMERTIME

We've made an effort to limit Nate's sugar intake during his first year with us. Now that he's 2, we allowed a little sugar here and there but still not as much as I've seen other kids eating. It's amazing how sugar and bad starches affect children's behavior. Nate has been pretty easy to manage and I think that's partly because we've tried to make healthy choices from day one.

However.....what's summertime without ice cream? This is a rare treat, even for us and with the temps in the low 100's....well, I couldn't resist. Nate understands how rare a treat it is. He devoured the entire cone!

Mmmm....cookies & cream!

He can't stand sticky hands

Ugh....I can't stand sticky hands either. haha

Going.....

...going.........

Gone!

I did make sure he ate salad for lunch!

5 comments:

Pat Ramos said...

Yummy! He's getting so much bigger! Cute but I miss his longer hair. Yes I know it's summer.

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

Yeah, I'm missing it too.

Sarah said...

HOLY COW! He ate the whole thing? And please tell me how you get him to eat salad- Grace won't touch it!

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

Yeah, I couldn't believe it!! I thought for sure he'd drop the ice cream in his lap but he was very careful and didn't waste a drop!

I think it depends on the salad dressing. He had honey mustard dressing on the one in the photo and liked it. Some times we have to keep telling him to "eat it" just so he'll finish it. haha.

Tina said...

Too cute! It is so hard to limit the sugar especially in our case when grandparents watch Reed all day while we work, they tend to give in a lot easier than I would :)