Monday, June 15, 2009

MADERA CANYON

Today we took a break from the hot summer temps (although it's only been in the mid-90's....unusual for Tucson) and took a day trip to Madera Canyon, south of the city. We have never been there and I wanted to check it out. It was 10 degrees cooler, breezy and pretty in the canyon area. You can only drive up about 5400 ft...or maybe it was 4500, I can't remember. But there are a few picnic sites, lodging and numerous hiking trails along the road. We stopped at the highest picnic site, had lunch and I took Nate on a short hike while Don caught up on some reading.

We saw lots of birds, 3 deer and just enjoyed the day. Here's some pics for you.





Just a SIP, Nate!



Bold
This is MY stick!

Getting tired.....I meant, me!



Working on his tan, haha.

See Nate at the bottom?


Great place for a good read


2 comments:

Pat Ramos said...

Looks like an easy hike less carrying the Natester! Everybody looks like they are enjoying the quietness and nature of God. I want to go! He's growing sooo fast!

RamblingMother said...

what a big boy he is!!